Thursday, 29 May 2014

I do no profound

If I could be a Jedi, my lightsaber would ooze out talcum powder against the sun with mortal vengeance. Yes, I am back to the city of joy with a slap of sweat to greet me. As I hopped on to a crowded bus and hung myself like a pro from the divine rods of public transport, the entire people of Calcutta welcomed me through the olfactory. I am pretty sure I contributed as much to this cosmic device of syncretism where sweat meets sweat, complaints for weather meets complaints for weather to unite a people under one single heated sky. I love Calcutta. Even though it makes me want to sleep with Dermicool more than anything/one else. 

P.S: An ode to every conversation starter since the last two days.

4 comments:

KK said...

I was in Calcutta for half a day in January, and the city was as warm as Punjab in mid March or early April. I can only imagine how hot and humid it is there currently.

Aasyaan said...

Olive, sometime back in the month of may you wrote about the summer and public sweat (sweat meets sweat isn't it? ;)). But this time I missed the philosophical touch which was there in that post of yours :).
Anyways, Enjoy Calcutta in your very own "thanda thanda cool cool ishtyle" :P

Aasyaan said...

Olive Oyl said...

haha thanks! :D Am avoiding philosophical and sentiments. Becomes too creepily real :)