Thursday, 12 July 2012

Apologia

As great minds sat to rhyme out tales 
They wondered how they will be read:
Will they be like all the poets famed 
Or the ones that the readers dread. 


My heart too yearns for a little praise 
For which I sometimes selfishly write. 
But Alas, that requires a great flair, 
Which I lack, I must surmise. 


So while the clock ticks away to eve 
And boredom has gripped my senses, 
I am sure to keep my readers peeved, 
As in poetry doesn't lie my talents. 



An uncalled for holiday had left me intensely bored. Hence. :|

11 comments:

Jay Sobti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ghazala Hossain said...

Hey, you write quite well :)

DEBAJYOTI said...

i read it yesterday. didn't understand a thing. but now when i read it, i did understand and enjoyed it. super :D.

even i wrote couple of poems and i got few comments :D.

Olive Oyl said...

@Jay: No. ;)

@Ghazala Hossain: Thank you :)

@debajyoti: it works then, you say? :P the last time i wrote a poetry was when i was in class three, and it was about a parrot for which i got a C grade :P

Jay Sobti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eon Heath said...

Hey, Hi...

ah haa..that was fun to read. Honestly. Sometimes, the unpolished ones are more beautiful.

Regards,
Eon, The guy you dont know.
;-)

Olive Oyl said...

At fellow I don't know:

Really, you make me feel happy :D My boredom had leapt into a different level altogether.

The captcha looks like an ant. I can't write that :|

Aditya Kasavaraju said...

OH MY GOD!!! I don't agree. I don't agree one bit. You write awesome. You are one of the few writers on blogosphere I still visit and read just for pure joy of reading.

Poem was great and your choice of words was impeccable.

And as always, let me request : please write more and more.

Olive Oyl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Olive Oyl said...

@Aditya: Thank you! :D This post's purpose has been met, then ;p

Indian Jobs Guide said...

The life time opportunity indeed. All of these posts are worthy having some standards.
Great job!

More jobs available at Indian Job Vacancies at http://www.indianjobsguide.com
Thanks!