Sunday, 4 December 2011

I think, therefore there's boredom

I am fond of reading. In fact with time I am realising that I am so fond of it that I'm quite dealing with a lifestyle dangerously close to being sedentary. Of course the adipose associated with isn't providentially turning up, but then that's one hope I've given up. I had resolved to read a certain book by this year and am having to deal with it now that it's December and the Earth is revolving a bit too fast for me it seems. The book talks about how certain criminals are necessary for the greater good, or something like that. All fair and all that. It did set me into thinking deep.


I've been thinking about having thoughts. Thoughts that I often sentimentally deem profound because of my inherent quality of self-appreciation; a view that most does not share with me for logical reasons. And I think of life, the world around me, the cows and people living on grass, on people not living on grass, and all the remaining stuff that one can think about to kill time. And I by divine intervention realise the whole problem of mankind. It's thinking. Whatever Descartes may have had to say about it being the essence of being and all that, thinking kind of tends to make things a mess.

I mean, the basic thoughts are quite okay. Look at the early men, of course they thought on some levels. They slept, ate, procured food, mated like bunnies and scooted off to heaven sooner or later. Constructive thinking obviously led to fire and all that jazz, but I suppose they wouldn't be too fond of reading stuff that are supposed to have a deep impact on the intellect of mankind. I think a lot, mostly because I am too lazy for anything otherwise; but there are times when I suppose one needs to pause all that profound intellectual brain-digging for sometime, and be at peace. Else, boredom inevitably follows.


2 comments:

Tathagata Ghosh said...

Very 'thoughtful'...(sigh)
god knows where from you dig out such thoughts and manage to make them a post...i like reading them anyways. i always do.

Olive Oyl said...

Thank you so much! I am always fond of appreciations ;)