Sunday, 13 March 2011

On 'Friends'. (The really great one)


This post has been long due. I wouldn't do justice to my beliefs if I didn't write on this one. I'm not too much of a K-serial person. I don't enjoy the camera taking the same scene from different angles with background score that sounds like some heavenly fall of a steel bowl when a fellow is in some mess. Plus their numerous marriages aren't like Ross's. Therefore when a fellow once categorised FRIENDS as a serial, I thanked the bloke above that I am not to pally with this mortal.



The sitcom has been so well woven into my life that I now try to find out the Ross, the Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe in every group I wriggle into. And you might laugh at me (for all I care) but when there's some problematic situation that I've got myself into, I often think of how the Friends peeps would react. It does provide me with a reasonable solution. Whether the other party is going to respond to it properly is a different issue altogether. It's not that the sitcom is perfect or the people in it. But that's what makes them so charming and real. It made me realise that in life, in several situations, if we had that background laughter being played while we were being the victim of some odd situation, we'd realise how funny certain things really are. And let's face it. Life is quite funny anyway.



So here's to the sitcom I'm partial towards. It's not that I don't enjoy other shows. (How I met your mother is beautifully made) but I am just an insignificant mortal who can't control her partialities towards the one sitcom that taught her a lot in life. (however cheesy this might sound).



3 comments:

Eon Heath said...

Hey, Hi
well you got company!! i dont look for chandler ross or monica in any groups though.. :P
i just love watching them...got all of the seasons with me...watch it often...

Regards,
The Silhouette...

Olive Oyl said...

Same here, thankfully got all the seasons with me. I've watched most of the seasons more than ten times I'm sure. :D

Lost within myself said...

well..Friends is a cult for all of us growing up in late 90's and early 00's and who had cable! And I do agree wholeheartedly that the background laughter would definitely be of help for the poorer souls as myself with minuscule sense of humor comparing to the author who penned this piece. :|