Saturday, 9 October 2010

Of momentary observations.

It's that time of the year when the weather suddenly starts to change it's mood. As I tucked myself under a warm sheet as it rained quietly outside, I thought of all the charming thoughts that might be coming to a person who has been bestowed with the power to write magic. Those that touches the heart more than the common sense. At times I regret my inability to make things seem more beautiful than they are. It's probably my perception of reality that makes me incapable of doing so myself. I'm not a very honest person when it comes to exaggerations. But somehow writing of feelings that are 'magical' renders to me a sense of betraying my own standards of honesty, however shifty that might be.


It rained outside. The streets were almost empty except for a bus or two speeding by. The wind was so cold that it was hard to imagine that I was all messily sweaty only a few days ago. The windows of most of the houses stayed close. There was no extraordinary sway of the trees. Just a passive tolerance of the rain, as if it didn't bother them at all. As I observed rather nonchalantly I thought of the hopeless romantics who were thinking of their lovers, the creative fellow writing that one poem that would give these moments a timeless beauty, the sad man down the road being nostalgic about times lost and faded. I thought of how the music lover would listen to that one tune that befits the moment according to his tastes, I thought of people's passions, of which I've read so much.

Passion seems to evade me as I nudge my mind to remain pragmatic all the time. As I heard the drizzle, I realised that I don't know what my favourite song is like.

There was a sense of regret in me as I went off to sleep. It was just another beautiful day-end, whose larger-than-reality magical elements remained beyond me.

9 comments:

T-REX said...

* respectful silence *

Lost within myself said...

:-)

Odds and Ends said...

:)

Caveman said...

piggy, piggy, piggy, O piggy.... :)

excellent imagery and heart-warming kinda stuff, me says. va-va-voom!! ;)

howz ur trip coming along, fellow wodehousian and calvinist :?

Olive Oyl said...

Had a pretty fun schedule. Just came back a day ago. too many things to unpack. I can go away on a trip again just to save myself from unpacking all these stuff ;) how be you?

Got access to your blog. I was confused initially. :D

Caveman said...

LG

i know what you mean. i hate unpacking luggage too!! i throw all the dirty stuff into the WM and the rest of the stuff keeps coming out one at a time till it's all done. Than the trickiest part follows - putting the damn luggage away!!

Usually i'm pretty neat and organised for a caveman, but after a lil' vacation, it takes a helluva long time to get outta the 'couldn't-care-less-it's-fun-time' mode :D

SANDIPAN said...

this is good

Olive Oyl said...

@caveman: unpacking complete. Though the room is a mess now. :D we are planning to go for a trip again in December and I suggested that I keep the bag unpacked till then. No one took me seriously. :|

@Sandipan: Thank you so much. :)

Caveman said...

;)