Thursday, 6 May 2010

My Legendary Idleness.

It is ironical that when I check the juvenile list that I made when I was not yet 18, as to what i should do when I gain the official adulthood, little did I realise that almost all of those targets were left incomplete even two years after I did become 18. I lack a sense of wildness that I would have found rather funny. I mean, what's the wildest thing I have ever done? probably walk in the stadium at 4 am in the morning. But then that's what old men do who have with them the company of arthiritis and gout. And boy I don't even have that.

Probably the desire to do something weird springs up from extreme boredom regarding what one already does, or does not. I sleep so much that it has been a long time since I saw what morning looked like. I woke up today at 5 only because I had to and I intend to compensate that by sleeping the next twelve hours to glory.

My sense of boredom is unique in the sense that it makes the world around me timeless, like those age old classic movies. I can sit with it for hours and little do I realise when morning turns into dusk. It is so exquisitely beautiful that I can weave it's magic even in my writing, propagating and making others understand the very essence of boredom as they read. Enjoy dear folks.

3 comments:

Shahana said...

Can you actually sleep when you're bored..?

olive oyl said...

@shahana: its an activity (lack of) induced by boredom.

Lost within myself said...

that is almost insulting the great legend called 'sleep'. :P