Sunday, 31 January 2010

I proclaim thee nerd and geek

It’s one of those mornings when I wake up with a pathetic hangover. I drag myself out from the bed with the blanket trailing behind me like some abnormally weird Cinderella robe. The few strands of hair that remains on my head are attempting an unkempt look. But then a proper unkempt look requires a lot of hair for them to get involved with each other. So I have been saved. My eyes look groggy, can do with a lot of sleep. The effects of a pathetic hangover from a boring dinner it seems.

I sit straight, the bed calling me like a desperate lover. I ask myself the highly philosophical and extremely pertinent question, the answer to which should give me the so called key to success; the effect that guide books of similar names and innovative spellings have when you intend to mug up for a hundred marks on the eleventh hour or later. And then realisation dawns upon me. it brings me the rare hues on my cheeks and the sparkles in my eyes even without my contact lenses. It is intoxicating. Like some virulent shot given through my veins that make me plunge back to life from the dead. Studies. Yes, my friends. Gape at me with disgust as much as you want to. I don’t care. I have found the passion in my life. I enjoy studying. Though it takes a lot of free kicks in the posterior to actually make me sit to do so, but once when I am at it, boy, I am at it. I can sit in libraries for hours and I can bunk classes in the process, and it’s not because the librarians are handsome. (They are not and they happen to be my father’s colleague anyway. Rotten luck.) It’s not that my pedagogic exhibitions have been exemplary. But the fact remains that my passion lies in mugging up, and even understanding some of them. Chide me all of you, if you will. But here I proclaim: I like to study. And no amount of mockery shall deter me from doing so. :|

9 comments:

Arjun said...

When you complete Graduation, become a teach at our school. :|
And then give me 105 out of 100 in History. (Extra marks for good handwriting.) :|

Arjun said...

teacher *

Arjun said...

:|

Gautam said...

come on olive oyl... don't be another 'chatur'...study for increasing your knowledge and not to mug up...

:|

Anandi said...

I also love libraries, and once dated one. The relationship didn't last however, as any time I wanted to take the library out it was booked.

olive oyl said...

@gautam: won't be :) that takes a lot of patience :D

@anandi: tell about it. similar fates we have, i tell you :P

Lost within myself said...

Well, if mugging up produces these pieces, please do keep up to it!
But well...I hope you meant the study books and not the fictions? :|

olive oyl said...

i don't wish to clarify the book or fiction thingy :|

OpOdaRThO said...

eta bapok laglo amar...moner koto mil...hangover to ami roj sokale thaki..