Thursday, 10 September 2009

The relationship that confused me...

I have realised what I should have realised ages ago. Our relationship has been for long and it was fun I admit. But then as I got rooted into the quagmire, I realised the loopholes of what I thought was the ideal bond. I don’t want to break free. No matter what you think, I am not someone who would let go of what is perhaps the most precious thing in her life. But then, I’ve realised my mistakes, know what irreparable damages have been made and I can’t do anything about it. The fetters of the relationship hurt, but I can’t let go…

Yes. I can never let go of the internet from my life.

The fact is that my relationship with the internet has been almost parasitic. I have been clinging to Orkut and the likes for the last few years, gaping at the screen in a manner an adolescent often gapes at the member of the opposite sex. I’ve also enrolled myself into the Facebook thingy that I can’t even remotely decipher after technically having account for eight months. The internet has almost shaped my personality. My total confusion in many things in life has been caused by… err… Facebook. I tell you, when I took a personality test over there they said I am like Ross of Friends. And the batty folks later said that I am like Winston Churchill. And the animal I resemble is an orang-utan. So the simple logical conclusion is:

Ross = Winston Churchill = Me = Orang-utan

I was content up to the Churchill part till the site gave me a dose of reality with the hapless animal. Though I blame the internet for the sheer confusion that springs up whenever I try to analyse myself, not that I should get into analysing it anyway, I shall be indebted to it for many things. Anyway, the topic is rather touchy for me. I don't even know why I am blogging about it, may be just to kill time. However, enough time has been killed. Now I'll be resting in peace with the orangutan inherent in me.

24 comments:

Aditya said...

hehe internet is my first love :P

ok our first love :P

olive oyl said...

no my first love was shahrukh khan and second hugh grant. all before class six. so that implies that internet is my third love :O

Gautam said...

hey hi...
nice blog. cool writeups...
well...internet is the only constant in my love equation with a lot of other variables(girls)... :P

Gautam said...

but why this strange handle - "olive oyl"
i would really like to know the reason behind this...only if u dnt mind telling me.
and i'm ur follower from now.

Ipsita Shome said...

this girl is famous
everyone becomes her follower
I am jealous :P

btw innernet[as in american accent] is my first lou[our version] too

olive oyl said...

olive oyl as i am seriously very thin :p and i love to watch popeye show :p
and thanks! :)

@ipsita: ja amar ta tomar :p

Ashish said...

Internet has become a part of life now.You can imagine this with my comment for your interesting post at 4:08 (according to my comp)in the morning. Nice Blog!

olive oyl said...

@ ashish: thanks. i empathise with you ;)

Bhow bhow bhowie. said...

@olive oyl : U write so well. The entire doggy world loves ur writing. Cud u plz write ur next post on doggies? ^.^
I'l be so excited. :|

Ipsita Shome said...

tai naki? ;O

ahem ahem :|

workhard said...

Hi.. i still have to get to the idea of face book and orkut


Web hosting india

Lost within myself said...

funny..as usual.....and yeah..facebook is confusing! :|

Ipsita Shome said...

facebooking is not confusing
YOu just need to get the hang of things..that's all :)

T-REX said...

eah facebook is so bloddy confusing, I think I'll devote myself to orkut only keeping facebook as a side affair like a mistress in times of distress.

Enigmatic Quasar said...

Spooky true story:
They keep telling me I look like Ross. I tell them that so does Tom Cruise.
Then I draw strange a=b=c equations in the sky and cackle like the witch of the west when I tell them that a=c.
I miss mathematical proofs.

P.s. I'd recommend a break up.
P.p.s. Blogspot has some strange verification words... right now it's "bedeni".

skinny.olive said...

even i dont look like ross but everyone says so :|

i know blogspot is weird. i have bulonf now :|

skinny.olive said...

@formidable t-rex: facebook is for losers. hmmph! (thats because i cant maange to work with it :p)

Jaideep Sobti said...

Holy porky the pig! This is the best god dang blog i’ve come across in a long freakin’ time (not that i get ‘round much).

Thanks for plugging inta ma blog, piggy.

Macchi khabo! And Happy Bloggin’ ;)

olive oyl said...

machi khabo?
mach= fish
machhhi = fly :p

which one do you want to consume? :p

halcyon said...

ah.
us and the virtual world!
such interesting losers we are :P

Jaideep Sobti said...

the fly in the flue first. the machhi can follow :)

too mach, but good stuff. slurp!

sorry for not answering earlier.

cheers :)

olive oyl said...

@ halcyon: that we are, enjoying every moment of our loserness :p

@ jaideep: no problem! :) machh is the identity of indian people towards the east :p

Jaideep Sobti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
skinny.olive said...

at jaideep: agreed that rosogollas are the best bong sweet :p mishti doi is pretty good though :D