Sunday, 19 July 2009

Can't think of a title... What the heck. :P

The college I just got myself into is our family’s hereditary college or something like that. An obscure great grandpa was a physicist there, and then gradually the rest started ditching science, with my grandfather and parents dealing with geography and me finally completing the process of dumping by taking up history. My parents and sister were all teary eyed and all that as I got myself admitted. A friend has even mustered up the audacity to say that the college is responsible for the existence of my sister and me, since my parents were classmates there when my father started to eye the gorgeous chic that in course of time produced the two of us. But history shall not repeat itself. Those days had handsome hunks like my father.

But this institution is highly weird. On the first day we came across this teacher who had gravity defying chest hair sprouting up from his disco shirt like savannah on a fertile land. And then he started teaching us about the Neanderthal Man.

A few days later we saw him in a gorgeous car with an equally gorgeous wife. Evolution of man. He taught us about that too.

Then a second lady teacher came up to say instantly that it was our duty to utilise her. I could hear the sudden tremor coming from the direction of the boys’ benches.

The college canteen has been the hub of all ideas for generations, or so all the seniors claim in the college. Me, the poor new kid, went there and found everything normal at the first sight. Then a few girls started singing and a boy started to play the guitar to a completely different tune. Then dogs flew. They leapt onto the tables, jumped over them like they were rings of fire, played 'crouching tiger hidden dragon', darted towards the students whom they fancied, stopping midway to find a good spot to release themselves. They were the superheroes minus the chaddis, doing their own thing in their super-land. They perhaps lick the plates clean on which we get our food. Saves water that way. Very environmental. There is a legend that a surplus of chicken product in the canteen is usually attributed to one of the dogs giving birth to her litters. I could see that the fable has got the possibility of some authenticity.

There are also these legendary cobwebs in the sky high classroom ceilings that the ancient spiders webbed as my forefathers attended classes. Talk about continuity of time. They cannot be cleaned because no normal ladder can go up to that height. They are also there as part of the heritage building.

I must admit that I am enjoying this place. :p

P.S: on a completely different topic: Rakhi Sawant is on every blogger’s mind. Well, almost. I was hopping from one blog to another in my list and at least five, including me, had her name or at least something related to her mentioned in their blogs. Ah, the Lady India that shall unite us all. :P

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write well. Your post was a good read. :)

P.S.: I'm Lucy LeBar,from Minnesota. I have done M.A. in English Literature (contemporary modernism). My father is Late Mark de Louvis. He was a very good man. He once saved a boy from drowning in the Big Bear Lake (Los Angeles,California). My mother is Mary de Louvis. She was also a very kind woman.
My husband is Thomas Henry LeBar. He works in the Police Force. He is a good man.He took me to India this December. I loved your country. I stayed in Kolkata,Delhi,Amadabad,Mumbai. :)
Your city is very nice. The best!
I have a relative here. I stayed at their place. The weather is a bit warm,though. My Mom also wanted to come here. But since she has palsy,she could not do so.
Let us all pray to Jesus for her early recovery. :)
Amen. :)
And I am anonymous because I do not own any blogs. May you live happily ever after. :)

ArJuN said...

@ Lucy LeBar : Do u like apples? :)
@ Sohini di: Is this your 50th post? :O
I want a party. :|

olive oyl said...

thank you Lucy :) hope your mother gets well soon.

@ arjun: 50th? yippy! no treat for you. i'll only feed myself :p

Arjun said...

No use feeding urself.
You will remain skinny. :|
I suggest that u throw a party instead,where the guests will be given Bingo chips with chatakdaar tomato sauce and desi chilly chicken. :|

olive oyl said...

funny. :|

Arjun said...

who is funny? What is funny? :O
Please elaborate. :|
Btw,party toh tomay dite i hobe. :x

Anonymous said...

Oh! welcome. :)
and thanx for praying.
you are indeed an amicable person. :)
May fulfill all your wishes.
and to ArJuN : I love apples. We get many apples here. But why did u ask me this particular question? :)

olive oyl said...

arjun is a weird person. he asks odd questions all the time ;)

Arjun said...

@ Sohini di - Ami tomay ghushi marbo (gloves porey). :x
@ Lucy - I asked just like that. :)
I love apples too.
Btw,,..where do u live in Minnesota ?

Anonymous said...

Oh! I live in Minneapolis. :)

Arjun said...

@ sohini di: amar raag kome gecche. ami tomay ghushi marbo na. :|
@ Lucy: OMG! My brother lives in Minneapolis too!!His was talking about a Lucy too! Do u know my brother?
He is Barun Kaanjilaal Natua Sardar Malya.

Lost within myself said...

loved it.
You have what it takes. Write on!

T-REX said...

Hi olive! I live in indore. I am a very good man. My father is a very good man. He is a teacher. My boss is very bad man. You have written very well. you are a good woman too. Once I fell down from a tree, broke a leg. Otherwise I am very good. Write on.

olive oyl said...

hi t-rex, even my father is a teacher. my mother is a teacher too. my sister isn't a teacher. i will become a teacher if i don't get to do anything else and i don't get married. you write very well too. thank you. may you fall down from trees more often, with apples.

olive oyl said...

@ sujoy da: college has finally given me the fodder to write on :p

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I did'nt create any such comments. Please believe me. I didnt write the above comment! I never say such things. And to whoever did this, please dont do this again. Let us all live peacefully and merrily. :)
Please,dont do this.
~ Lucy LeBar.

Arjun said...

@ Lucy : I know. :)
Dont need to be so worried. We all believe u. :)
Some people are lyk dis. U dont need to pay heed to dem. :)
Eat apples, enjoy life. :)

Ipsita Shome said...

@ sohini di---"utilise me" lmao :D

@ arjun---tui apple er kothhata emni emni bolechhish? bechara ke keno chatchhili?

@ lucy---my prayers are there for ur mom too. She'll recover soon

Arjun said...

@ Ipsita Shome : Kake chatchilaam? :O
Apple ke na Lucy ke?
Apple khaowa amar pastime. :|
Din raat apple e kheye jae. Ami apple kheye e bechi acchi. :|

Mer-curial-maiden said...

Hello. :) I wish I knew you.

Mer-curial-maiden said...

Totally hilarious xD

Soporific thoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
olive oyl said...

:D

T-REX said...

Umm..dont stop writing ok? like ,please

T-REX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ipsita Shome said...

@ Arjun-tui oi Lucy LeBar ke chatchhili[not literally :P]

applauds are even less for this 36.3 kg chick...!
I wanna see your name in book covers bondhu :|

sohini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sohini said...

it will take some time for me to recover :| pray for me brothers and sisters.

ArJuN said...

@ sohini di : Sigh. :|
Recover soon and keep writing. The people who have made you sad will rot in Hell. Dont worry. :|
@ Ipsita Shome: Phew! Thank god je ota literally bola hoyni. :O
Ami toh bhablaam ebar amay sue kora hobey Lucy ke chatar jonno. :|

ArJuN said...

@ Ipsita Shome : What toothpaste do u use? :)

Mer-curial-maiden said...

Why do you have so many deleted comments?

olive oyl said...

the comments were a bit OTT, and my sister comes across this blog often :p

Ipsita Shome said...

@ arjun--keno???? tui sponsor korbi amar toothpastes???? :O

Arjun said...

Na na. ami emni hothath curious hoye gelaam. :|
Secret reveal korei felo. :|

olive oyl said...

tora abar adda marchish ekhane. eta jeno kono jhogra'e porinoto na hoy :(

Lemony Snicket said...

Well it seems you are better off than the presi lady

olive oyl said...

which presi lady? its my college too, so far :|

Ipsita Shome said...

@ Arjun--Ami toothpaste use korina

Daaton is the way to go....a natural ailment for your teeth...hehawhaw :D

@ sohini di--na amra jhogra korbo na....I am atleast decent enough not to get into useless verbal dueling

olive oyl said...

love you from the bottom of my heart, ipshita ;)

Ipsita Shome said...

@ SD--lou u too SD :P[as arjun suggested]
ar get my spelling right plz...it is Ipsita not Ipshita[i am tired of getting it corrected :(]

Arjun said...

Bah! Sobai sobai ke bhalobashe. kono jhogra jhati nei. :|
sob jinish kirom peaceful.
dekhe bhalo laaglo. :|

olive oyl said...

ipsita? okay. tor amar moto dosha. sohini but pronounced as shohini.
koto chaap na amader life'e?

olive oyl said...

@ arjun: heave a sigh of relief :|

Lemony Snicket said...

oh :\

I was talkin about Shreya.. She seems to be sick of the place

olive oyl said...

@ Snicket: her department is a bit unusual. that's the reason, poor soul. :(

Ipsita Shome said...

@ Sohini di--we are becharas dwelling on this planet...shob bechara der Nat Geo te telecast kore...amader keno noye????

@ Arjun--u don't the intensity of our lou re bachcha :P

Arjun said...

Ebaba. :|
Lou is in the air.
Does ne one of u like lou (the vegetable called lou in Bengali) ? :O

Ipsita Shome said...

@ arjun---tui heights e PJ marish...Btw I lou lau-chingri[home-made] :D

Arjun said...

@ IP : ami ekta boi likhbo bhabchhi
''102 Pjs''. :|
Seta tumi kino.

Aar amader baarite 'kumrer chhoka'' bole ek sobji hoye. Seta diye ami cricket kheli. :|

Ipsita Shome said...

@ Arjun---oh achha...shudhu cricket khelish...thank gawd for that :P

Arjun said...

@ IP : Kumrer chokka diye aar ki khela jaye? :O
Plz lemme know. Im curious. :|

Ipsita Shome said...

@ Arjun--ludo :P