Wednesday, 24 June 2009

My earnest petition

Dear Lord,

This was supposed to happen. And now I’ll have to metamorphose myself into something at least minutely sociable. I’ll have to buy a pair of skinny jeans. Half a pair and some alterations. That will be sufficient for me. I also need to buy some fair and lovely. My friends have already started using them and I don’t want to lag behind. I am fair, but the cream will make me lovely. I also need a notes-boyfriend. The type who collects notes and gives them to me. In history they don’t take boys. So I will do with a notes-girlfriend. Our relationship shall be limited to notes exchange for I don’t think I’ll be capable of anything else with a girl. I’ll also have to study very discreetly. I will have to shed my geeky image and pretend to stop studying. Then if I do well in an examination I can behave like someone with an exceptionally high I.Q who needn’t study. I’ll have to avoid all those blokes who say that I should sit for the IAS examination after graduating. I am tired of parroting to them that I talk too much to become a diplomat. Avoiding those who ask me what I want to do after completing my studies is also on the cards. These two covers almost all the people on earth barring a few benign souls who are smart enough to not meddle with my blurry future. I’ll also learn to bunk a few classes and have an attendance bordering on low and very low. If I don’t do this I shall be regretting it for the rest of my life.

There. I have got my college priorities straight. Do grant me the powers to grant me my wishes.

Amen.

21 comments:

Merlin said...

Amen.

Maybe you also want to add:
1. Making a boyfriend who entertains you during boring classes by romantic paper chatting and helping you fantasize about how you will run around trees with him

2. Eating more junk food than before and becoming visible.. sigh what people around the world wont give to be able to do that :) (the birds tell me you are currently invisible)

olive oyl said...

1. history department does not have boys.

2. i've given up praying for that. :(

Lost within myself said...

The list is near perfect. You have got an idea after all!

olive oyl said...

is there anything else that i should include? :p

Anonymous said...

Haaa.Ami manjulika!
ami sobaar gola kete rokto kheye nebo.
haaaaaaaaa. :x

Ipsita Shome said...

adbhut mohila :D

olive oyl said...

manjulika needs some medicines. fast. bechari :D

Anonymous said...

Toder etto boro shahosh!Amar medication chai?Naaaaaaaaa.....Ami odbhuth?Ami toder gola kete rokto kheye nebo (with a straw). Rawrrrrrr...Haaaaaaa. :x

olive oyl said...

lojjaboti lota! anonymous na hoye mamoni thakte pare na? straw diye khao. add some iron tablets to it i am anaemic :|

Anonymous said...

Eiii...bangla e kotha bol.Ami oto englis-phinglis bujhi na.Ami toh manjulika. :x
huha huha huha huha.
Ami durga osthomir raate eshe sobai ge giley khabo.Rawr. :x

olive oyl said...

durga oshthomir raat'e meyera prem korte beroe. eshob natok korish na bekar.

Anonymous said...

Did u even see 'bhool-bhuliya' ? :x

olive oyl said...

yes i did on durga shaptami at priya cinema hall :| huh!

Anonymous said...

durga shoptomi? :O
Aaaaaaaaa.O din ami sobai ke khaowar jonno fork aar knife ready kori. :|
huh!

olive oyl said...

ami je tomar :p

Anonymous said...

ebaba.ami lebu na. :(

Anonymous said...

huhahuhahuha. ami abar paagol hoye gecchi. purnima r raate ami seyaal(wolf) hoye jai. :|

Anonymous said...

Did you sing Ring-a-ring-a-roses as a child?
Noroke sobai morar porey tai gay(sing...not the other way round. :| )
Ring-a-ring-a-roses
Bucket full of moses
hushya hushya
We all fall down. :(

sohini said...

not in the right mood :x

Anonymous said...

Oh! The moody girl! :P
(aaowaj dicchi). :|

olive oyl said...

dhur pagla :|