Saturday, 20 June 2009

Last-minute freak :D

It’s conventional for a four plus old toddler to wail at anything that even remotely displeases the litter. I cried when the nursery teacher would try to shake hands with me, offended that she was not doing justice to my active left hand, I cried when I couldn’t tie my shoe. I'd wail when I had nothing much to do. It was a very good time-pass that I perfected. I moaned myself up till class two or so, and then I sobered down I guess for some obscure reasons, mostly because I started becoming nerdy. (Though I haven't lost it all. I still have my fits of sporadic moaning here and there.)

But the problem lies in the fact that I am not supposed to do this when I get into college. I mean, I can’t sit down and fling my arms and legs all over and wail at 150 decibels the moment I enter college and succumb to the school leaving nostalgia. I’d be labelled an immature prick, and I should be. Hence this college thing has become somewhat of a very poignant poke at the posterior. It’s not that I am not eager to get into college. I don’t want to remain in school anymore. I loved being in school. My attendance bears testimony to that. I even enjoyed being sent to unnecessary errands by some teachers. The school drills something into our hormones that makes all its students short, barring a few. So I had to look at people usually like me. But the sight of normal-weighing taller Complan girls in the colleges will make the ambience in the college decidedly different. I know the girls are going to be nice. Only nice people take up history I’d like to think. (I just mentioned girls since boys, or else people with normal manly hormones do not study history as a rule) though I'll be absolutely fine in college I know, but then I’ll miss my literally level headed school crowd and the people I hang around with.

Sigh.


12 comments:

Lost within myself said...

welcome back.

and as far as missing is concerned, yes, every step we move forward..we miss something..the price of growing up. it's costly. and trust me..you would do just fine. keep a sunglass with you always..that might help :P

olive oyl said...

sunglass for what? err. am i going to see people so high on the bling factor that it's going to blind me? uho.

Anonymous said...

sunglass portey hobey!!!!Noyto ami kheye nebo.Haaaa. :(

ArJuN said...

It seems to me that rather weird people (no offense to our Miss Manjulika) comment on your posts.But then again,you yourself are weird.Perhaps that is the reason why such weirdos comment on your blog. :|

Anonymous said...

Tor etto boro shahosh!Tui amay weirdo bolli!Haaaaaaaaa.Ami tor gola kete rokto kheye nebo (with a straw) aar tarpor toke paahar theke fele debo.Haaaaa. :x

ArJuN said...

Excuse me,Miss Manjulika,but your weird comments really portray your mental condition.
Aar beshi bolle amio toke kheye nebo (without a straw) aar helicopter theke bendhe somuddre fele debo.Tokhon somuddrer maach gulo ke dhore dhore khaas. :x

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaa.Ami pulish ke daakbo!!taarpor toke mere fele mundu ta olive oyl ke diye debo khaowar jonno.Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Abcdefghijklmon (tarpor ki hoye bhule gecchi).Haaaaaa.

Anonymous said...

Ami toh tor upor tomato ketchup maakhiye sandwitch er upor laagiye kheye nebo.
Ami je tomaar,
Sudhu je tomaar,
Meri chahato toh fiza mein dubi,
Zinda hoon mein toh,hokey fanaa,.
Tara dhani sa
Dhani tara sa,
Tara tara tara dhani sa,...

Sobai taali bajao amar jonno.

olive oyl said...

ei manjulika ami kichhu bujhte parchhi na. eta amar blog amae toh kichhu bojha
1. tui arjun ke pahar theke felbi bolchish, shala kolkatae dhapa chhara kono pahar nei r dhapa theke pore keu more na
2. ami je tomar gaan dedicated to him? arjun'r opor crush? tahle oke felbi keno?
ki boka meye :|

Anonymous said...

u r ryt. :|
ami boka.
kintu ami toh manjulika.
btw,,...abcdefghijkl er porey ki hoye ami bhule gecchi.mone koriye de noyto tokeo kheye nebo aar dhapa theke garbage upor fele debo. :x

olive oyl said...

manjulika tumi eto injiri shikhe ki korbe?

Anonymous said...

englis (bihaari pronouncition) is my jibon.Englis jaani na bole onno daainu buri ra amay insult kore.Aartui toh besh bhalo englis jaanis.amay ektu sikhiye de abcdefghijkl er por ki hoye.Chhoto belay jokon kelaas e aunty poraato,ami mon ditaam na. :(