Wednesday, 20 May 2009

At peace. Really.

Examination results are always a day of celebration or grave condolence, depending on the numbers bequeathed by the generous boards of education. India’s clich├ęd ‘unity in diversity’ tagline is well represented even in the various board system of education in school. The old school blokes of west Bengal state boards are never on a high when it comes to donating some marks and hence plutocracy of the central board outputs are well established in the reputed institution. Sigh, they are the blessed souls.

I suppose such disparity is intentionally maintained because the government aims at a well balanced society. If all the good chicks get high marks and get dragged by the intellectual bandwagon, who will be left to deal with the domestic side of the balance? Here comes our state board which religiously limits the marks of their candidates and consequently churns out a large chunk of young things (the prettier being consumed by the Central) who are bestowed with enough (lack of) marks to be labelled as a bimbo. It’s these people who then help the matrimonial columns of the newspapers to prosper. It’s the less-marks obtaining students that actually hold the society together nowadays because they don’t even bother to surge towards the pursuit of professional happiness, and hence dwell in the domesticity of life.

Hence, I have no intention of cribbing when I get lower marks than Central board counterparts. I am merely doing my job in the society, without much effort. I’ll get my results, stick my tongue out to all those poor slogging people in the top notch colleges, have a laid back happy attitude towards life, pay for an ad in a well reputed newspaper and live happily ever after without seeking any intellectual or worldly knowledge. Am I complaining because I am a student under the West Bengal state board? Huh. Never. I am blissfully happy and at complete peace with my laid-back life.

11 comments:

Merlin said...

Best of Luck for your results

olive oyl said...

I need that. Thank you.

Lost within myself said...

lets pray that some bimbo don't stick her tongue or what-not out to you for exactly the rsn u wanted to do that! :| tho I guess we all shall be happy if that happens in this case! :-)

olive oyl said...

Ugh, if i don't get decent marks then i won't even be qualifying as a bimbo. i don't have such a heavy pocket to see me through several plastic surgeries and vanity vans of make-up kits :(

Ipsita Shome said...

Well I'm thinking of changing the board now after seeing galleons of marks geneously donated by the board in which I didnt study for all these 12 years

olive oyl said...

Get out of this mess as soon as you can. i didnt change boards because i wanted to be in the school. but friend, since you'll be taking up science, run for your life. :|

Ipsita Shome said...

yes...dats what I'm gonna do...

but if i dont get decent marks god knows where i'll land up

Merlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
olive oyl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merlin said...

Have added u on gtalk

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this tonight.
love, thank you so much.