Friday, 15 May 2009

laziness syndrome

It beguiles me how I have discarded reading fiction altogether. Not that I read non-fiction much but it has definitely got a more respectable position amongst the two. Briefly living in a fictitious world and then weaving dreams with the reality isn’t my cup of tea but then I have a high regard for great minds that do this. To tell the truth I am not really extraordinarily creative. I mean, I haven’t drawn any other animal or thing for the last two years apart from pigs, or men with balloon-shaped face and dark circles that look like gramophone records around the eyeball. Perhaps it’s this lack of creativity that stops me from seeking succour in the fabricated world and lace dreams that is way different from the world we live in. the only fiction I read nowadays and that too in the proximity of a commode is Jeeves, and I have been reading and re-reading Wodehouse’s miracle man since class six. That itself shows my limited literary ardour. Or else I must have placed Wodehouse on the epitome of all the storybook honchos and hence don’t bother with the rest. Or may be it's sheer laziness. I know I am good at it and I have a hunch that this is the reason. So far I can only scrape through the short stories if possible and with time I might even lose interest in this.

6 comments:

Ipsita Shome said...

your blog should be named as RANDOM THOUGHTS OF A THINKING MIND.....

Now don't start shouting at me accusing me of throwing an over-statement.

It wasn't one...how many of us think about the simple nuances of our day to day lives??

It's a question I often ask myself and get lost in day-dreaming unable to put down those thoughts into words.
Kudos to you for that.

olive oyl said...

we think differently and hence there is such diversity. i am glad that neither does everyone ponder over the nuances of life, nor does everyone think only of all the worldly wisdom :)

Ipsita Shome said...

agreed ma'm...:D

Merlin said...

Happy Birthday

olive oyl said...

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Tor happy budday chhilo?Cake koi?Haaaaaaaa. :x