Wednesday, 20 May 2009

On getting old :p

I have managed to be 19 with a 36.3 kg weight and in spite of that hindrance I have had an interesting existence so far. Now I can relax like a laid back government employed bong for a long time. The birthday presents have definitely been queer and all had a same pattern, they brought back something of my bloomer-days. I bought a few books that are originally meant for those kids who have just begun to boast of a decent vocabulary in the lingua franca, and then I get a cd full of videos of songs of my recent yester-years. I remember spending 160 for a cassette which got entangled in the tape- recorder sooner than I could re-collect the money I had spent; only to get back those songs yesterday. Two friends today gifted me a set of poster colours, something that I never really owned as a kid in a complete set but yearned for it nevertheless. I was actually giggling like an old granny being shown photos of her youth when she was ogle-worthy. I may not have the opportunity to enjoy this situation when I am old unless I marry some rich tycoon and devote myself to the hands of an expert plastic surgeon in a jiffy, but it did remind me of those days when I was an even more geeky kid with fresh new spectacles and a denser summit.

At the age of nineteen, things are reminding me of my yester-years. Sigh. I am getting old. Not that I mind. I am surging towards better times anyway.
:)

9 comments:

Ipsita Shome said...

You know I felt the same when I was given a brass glass on my 16th birthday....it was given to me by my maternal granny. She thought that I was still that 3 year old who would cherish the idea of drinking mmilk in it....
I had tons of brass plates and bowls...but no one ever considered of gifting me a glass.

It brings back those nostalgic years when I ate in my brass plate and bowl but the stainless steel glass always had my despise invisibly tagged with it

Lost within myself said...

well....what can I say kid! future is always an illusion.....cherish the past that is present and adore the present that is with you!

olive oyl said...

i could have been adoring my present right this moment but for my pending examination result. i am thoroughly depressed with the whole prospect. depressed with something after a long long time. :p

Ipsita Shome said...

shake hands olive I am undergoing similar trauma and insomniac nights....wanna screw the ass of these board people one day

olive oyl said...

ugh. don't make yourself filthy by screwing em up i tell you :|

Merlin said...

How mean of you not to publish my comment :(.

Happy Birthday once again

olive oyl said...

the comment was in another post :( you got it wrong. i did publish it :(

Ipsita Shome said...

@ olive oyl-I'll put on gloves and then screw their ass...I know it's a PJ...lol..:D

olive oyl said...

you are hell bent on screwing :p do it with a screw driver- another PJ to compete with yours :p